"117165 HPI Racing Ven Crlr Toyota FJ Cruiser-Sandstrm"
Item Name Asc
Item Name Desc
Price - High to Low
Price - Low to High
Boats & Marine RC
Cars & Vehicles RC
Electric Power & Accessories
Engines & Accessories
Merchandise & Clothing
Propellers, EDF & Spinners
Radio & Accessories
Filter By Price
Up to £4.99
£5.00 - £9.99
£10.00 - £19.99
£20.00 - £49.99
£50.00 - £99.99
£100.00 - £199.99
£200.00 - £499.99
£500.00 and Over
Where are we?
Click on the image above to see our contact details, a detailed map, and our in-store opening times.
HPI Venture Crawler Toyota FJ Cruiser RTR (Sandstorm)
Click here to see a slideshow.
Venture... Into the Outdoors
The Venture FJ Cruiser is the ultimate adventure-ready scale RC trail truck. Developed from the ground up to be the most advanced and driver-friendly scaler truck available, the HPI Venture is ready for trail driving across mountains, streams and more. It's the perfect trail companion for anyone from weekend ramblers to globe-trotting adventure heroes! The Venture combines a realistic front-motor position and formed steel chassis rails with a realistic suspension and drivetrain. The Venture chassis is finished with the fabulous look of the celebrated Toyota FJ Cruiser for a fantastic scale off-road experience only HPI can deliver! With a fully licensed replica body that includes front and rear bumpers, mirrors, functional roof rack and swing-away spare tire mount, the Venture brings total scale realism to crawler fans right out of the box. Underneath the body, the steel C-channel chassis rails support a front-mounted motor, transmission and servo, plus a central transfer case that sends power to telescoping driveshafts and solid axles with metal diff covers. Authentically scaled oil-filled shock absorbers and full-time locked differentials work with the realistically treaded tires for confident driving in all off-road situations.
Official Replica of the Toyota FJ Cruiser
The Toyota FJ Cruiser body included with the Venture RTR kit is completely outfitted with a range of fabulous scale items that would be extras on many other scaler trucks. In addition to the officially licensed replica FJ Cruiser body on its own, you'll find a pair of side mirrors, a functional roof rack ready for a range of scale accessories, a working swing-away spare tire mount on the back bumper, working D-ring shackles on the front and rear bumpers, tubular brush guard and mounts for LED lights on the front bumper, and adjustable-width rock rails that help the truck glide over tough obstacles.
Scale Chassis Design and Layout
The Venture FJ Cruiser features a formed steel C-channel chassis and cross braces as the foundation for a realistic truck chassis. To make sure the truck has a front weight bias that improves its climbing ability, the 35-turn crawler-spec motor and the transmission are mounted right up front - just like in a real truck! For additional weight up front, the steering servo is also mounted to the chassis next to the motor.
The Venture features a sturdy and reliable 3-link suspension front and rear. Two composite fixed links form the lower suspension links front and rear. The upper links consist of an alloy single link for the front, and a Y-shaped composite link at the rear. If you prefer, the rear suspension links can be easily swapped to 4-link suspension with the #117079 Option 4-Link Set.
Dual Stage Coil-Over Shocks
For ultimate trail tuning, the alloy shock absorbers feature dual-stage shock springs. This means the short spring softens the gentle bumps and dips you encounter while driving, and the longer firm spring catches the harder hits, such as when the Venture is descending a steep embankment. HPI designers have found the perfect combination of springs and oils for all-around driving, but you can fine-tune the ride of your truck with different shock oils and springs to make the Venture perform at its best on the trail.
• Factory-assembled & pre-painted electric-powered full-time 4WD 1/10 scale off-road truck
• Officially licensed replica Toyota FJ Cruiser body
• Functional roof rack plus side mirrors
• Front bumper features brush guard, light mounts and D-ring shackles
• Rear bumper features swing-away spare tire mount and D-ring shackles
• Adjustable rock rail side sliders help the truck get over tough obstacles
• Formed steel C-channel chassis rails
• Front-mount motor and transmission position for ultimate scale realism
• Front weight bias improves climbing traction and provides more realistic driving
• All-metal gear drivetrain for extreme durability
• Central transfer case with slider driveshafts to front and rear differentials
• Transfer case prevents motor stall for the best climbing action
• Transfer case also straightens & lowers center driveshafts for more efficient power transfer
• Axles feature small diff case or "pumpkin" size for best possible ground clearance
• Aluminum differential pumpkin cover
• Locked differentials for superb off-road climbing traction
• 12mm aluminum hex hubs to fit any available crawler wheels
• Shock towers have multiple shock mounting positions to allow for wheelbase options
• BTA (Behind The Axle) steering linkage for improved approach and departure angle
s • Panhard bar for scale looks and optimized geometry with zero bump steer
• Zero Ackermann high steer knuckle design for improved obstacle clearance and tighter turning radius
• 3-link front and triangulated 3-link rear suspension
• Oil-filled aluminum coilover shock absorbers (63-90mm stroke)
• Adjustable threaded shock bodies for quick ride height changes
• Dual-stage shock springs
• Aluminum lower link/shock mounts • Aluminum panhard mounts
• CMS (Chassis Mounted Servo) realistic steering setup
• Adjustable body mounting to fit any style of off-road body
• Fully braced rear body mounts
• All-terrain Rockthorn 109mm x 38mm soft S-Compound tires with chunky
• Beadlock style CR-10 ten-spoke 1.9” wheels
• HPI 35-turn crawler spec motor provides speed as well as crawling torque
• HPI waterproof SC-3SWP3 Crawler Edition adjustable electronic speed control
• HPI water-resistant SS-20WR steering servo
• HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system with carry handle
• HPI waterproof 2.4GHz receiver in protective case
• Full set of ball bearings
• Includes NiMH battery and charger and 4 AA batteries for radio transmitter
HPI 35-turn crawler spec motor
238mm (9.4") with roof rack, 217mm (8.5") without
Part No: 117165
Item Name: HPI Venture Crawler Toyota FJ Cruiser RTR (Sandstorm)
Your Basket is Currently Empty
Terms & Conditions
© Slough Radio Control Models 2017. All Rights Reserved.